Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mojobrick?

Options

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    "Lump Charcoal is wood scraps and other scraps like vegetable or leaves burnt to a carbon form. Typically not a single species wood or not 100% wood and often you have bark mixed in. However it is referred to as the "natural" charcoal fuel."

Can't say I'd exactly trust their knowledge of charcoal, lol! Leaves? VEGETABLE? :laugh:
    The Naked Whiz
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Mandeo, LLC is Chicago based. They have another site Firewood Bricks. The president of the company is named Fred Grosse and I will give him credit, he has a photo of what looks like an egg on his web site HERE. I noticed the same things The Whiz did and am not impressed by what sounds like a hard sell. I also noticed that there is no contact information readily available on either of his web sites, something I always look for.

All this being said, I have never tried his products but if I lived in the Chicago area I might invite him to do a demo at a local egg fest and submit samples to The Whiz. He may have a good product but with no contact info and a picture of coffee beans one his web site instead of his product I will be staying with good old lump. ;)

Blair