Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Great Tampa Lunch

CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
edited 9:53PM in EggHead Forum
This was the 4th Tampa lunch that I have been able to participate in and was by far the best. We had a great lunch at The Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. The fellowship was wonderful. Jay and Kathy (SSN686), Jen (RibBones), Faith (Florida Grillin Girl), Al (Hungryman), Tania and I met at noon today.

It is always fun to see old friends over a casual lunch and just hang out. Jen will probably be able to upload pics first, hopefully in a while.

We really enjoyed seeing y'all again and can't wait to do it again.

Comments

• I'm headed to the Tampa area next month--any suggestions for a casual Sunday lunch? I've never been to Ybor City...
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Always good to see you and even more Tania. We need to keep it at the Columbia for the next few. Next time please don't wears plaid shorts and a striped shirt.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,238
    You will not go wrong here and also become part of the history of the city.

http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor.asp
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    Last time in St Pete Beach we did the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City.
    Got their book and had an outstanding meal.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• That was fun. You two told some funny stories, and no one got arrested this time.

And don't listen to AL, he thinks he's the fashion police, but I can assure you, he is not!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    I would definitely suggest it.
    But I did have on underwear this time :ohmy:
    We have done BBQ (Kojacks), Mexican, an Ybor brewery and this took the cake (or the flan if you would)
    tons of places, columbia if you want to go to Ybor. What exact area will you be in?
    I must have missed something. What funny stories?
    We told those before you got there. Besides there was a whole different conversation going on across the table while you were calling in the plates of my car trying to get it towed
  • Rib BonesRib Bones Posts: 449
    It really was a great time today! So glad you and Tania were able to make it over. Tell her I'll be waiting to see if that picture turns up.

Trying to figure out how to post pics from this new camera. I'm working on it though. :)

IMG_2603.jpg
  • tsbradytsbrady Posts: 101
    wife and I love The Columbia! We ate lunch in Ybor City in Nov. we buy the 1902 Salad dressing (or whatever year it is) and have the salad at home but it is not the same as the fresh made ones at the restuarant. The service was outstanding and we love the ambience. The margaritas are not too bad either!