Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Ribs

Options
Smokin Bob
Smokin Bob Posts: 239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, I realize that dry ribs just don't have any sauce on them BUT, is there anything you do differently w/ additional or different rubs? Anything differently w/ cook times, etc.?[p]Thanks![p]B o B

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    SmokinBoB,
    since your looking for something a little different you might try this recipe. we really liked it the first time we tried it, will need to do it again soon.

[ul][li]cats ribs[/ul]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    SmokinBoB,[p]I use a rub with sugar first, (usually wrap in plastic overnight in the frige) then brush 'em with mustard, then use a second rub without sugar on top of the mustard.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    eggor,
    LOL that brings back memories - In order to try that recipe I bought a sack of juniper berries fron Penzky five or six years ago - only using 12 of those little, but potent berries at a time I calculate I have enough juniper berries to last me three lifetimes!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggor
    Options
    RRP,[p]I sneak over to the neighbor's house when its dark out, haven't been caught yet....[p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    rrp, now that i think about it, maybe i just better go up, knock on their door and ask-don't even want to try to explain that one to the copper that i'm pokin' around in the bushes at night trying to get berries so i can cook cats ribs on my egg. wifey understands my problems but don't think a judge would. LOL[p]Scott

• Dixie_Flyer
    Options
    SmokinBoB,[p]I put dry rub on them, refrigerate them for a few hours, then put mustard on them, and put them on the grill...I cook them indirect using the 3-1-1 method -- and no sauce touches them (other than the aforementioned mustard) until they are on my plate...they are meat-fallin'-off-the-bone good!