Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shrimp Salad for Lunch

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,400
edited 2:44AM in EggHead Forum
I was in the mood for shrimp for lunch, so I lightly egged some shrimps and made a salad with a cilantro avocado dressing -

P1303959-1.jpg

Served over lettuce with tomatoes and hearts of palm. The dressing was mixed in a bowl and poured over. Really good!

P1303960.jpg

P1303962.jpg

Cilantro Avocado Dressing

1 ripe avocado, diced
2/3 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped fine
1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 lime, zested
1 to 2 limes, juiced (4 to 5 tablespoons)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon green hot sauce, or to taste

The dressing was delicious and tasted great over the still warm shrimp.
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

Comments

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,066
    Morning Faith:

Looking mighty tasty (except for those tomato things!)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Looks nice and simple yet very tasty. :P
  • The pics are washed out cause I was standing near the window, and it's bright outside today. It was prettier in person and a refreshing lite lunch.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Looks delicious Faith. Beautiful presentation, bookmarking the recipe.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Faith, Love it!! Looks fresh and made with clean flavors. Thanks for the post, inspiring!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Looks great Faith, I saved the dressing recipe, we just happen to have an avacado on hand as well as some shrimp :) :cheer:
  • Frank, the recipe said to use a blender but I just used a whisk. I did not have green hot sauce, so just used Crystal hot sauce instead.
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Faith: What a perfect lunch for a warm Florida day! That dressing sounds awesome. You just mixed it all up, and good to go? Not blended at all? Nice post!
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,209
    Great looking lunch...
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Michelle, I just whisked it in a bowl - to lazy to wash the blender after. It tasted just fine whisked and not blended.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hi Faith
    Very nice lunch
    The dressing sounds tasty
    Thanks for including the recipe :)

Shane