Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

pork-full weekend

JustinJustin Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my first shipment From The Dizzy Pig.[p]While in a dead sleep last night after a baby back dinner (firewalk), I woke to a loud beeping sound coming from somewhere downstairs. I was trying to figure out how my alarm clock got downstairs and then it hit me...[p]BOSTON BUTT (Dizzy Pig) HAS REACHED 195![p]How nice it was to sleep well and then wake up to my Egg chugging along at 240. I then pulled a perfectly cooked butt off, wrap it up, and went back to sleep! [p]Much better than waking up with a funny feeling in my stomach, and finding a failing fire in the Egg that sometimes requires an indirect disassembly, fire reassembly, then indirect reassembly, then tossing and turning the rest of the night. (Okay, I admit that one time this happened and I snuffed Mr. Egg out and put the roast in the oven. I slept better and it turned out fine.) Luckily I have only had a fire fail twice, and I don't think it will happen again to me, for a couple of reasons:[p]Temp control for comes mostly from the daisy wheel, and I tend to leave the bottom vent open 1/2" or so and barely crack the wheel to keep temp in the 200-250 range. I cracked the wheel just a tad at bedtime (while reading 210)because I figure temps tend to drop a bit over time, but it must have hit 250 and stayed steady until done. Big credit also goes to the cheapest Eggcessory known, the wire coat hanger. I am a big believer in the ability to root up through the bottom firebox holes until I see a glow coming through each.[p]There's nothing like cooking with confidence while you sleep! Thanks to all for your help.[p][p]I don't think I need to invest in a Guru quite yet, HOWEVER...[p]How can I get some Mickey T's temp control rings? [p]Justin
StrausJ@celltech.com[p]