Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork-full weekend

Options
Justin
Justin Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my first shipment From The Dizzy Pig.[p]While in a dead sleep last night after a baby back dinner (firewalk), I woke to a loud beeping sound coming from somewhere downstairs. I was trying to figure out how my alarm clock got downstairs and then it hit me...[p]BOSTON BUTT (Dizzy Pig) HAS REACHED 195![p]How nice it was to sleep well and then wake up to my Egg chugging along at 240. I then pulled a perfectly cooked butt off, wrap it up, and went back to sleep! [p]Much better than waking up with a funny feeling in my stomach, and finding a failing fire in the Egg that sometimes requires an indirect disassembly, fire reassembly, then indirect reassembly, then tossing and turning the rest of the night. (Okay, I admit that one time this happened and I snuffed Mr. Egg out and put the roast in the oven. I slept better and it turned out fine.) Luckily I have only had a fire fail twice, and I don't think it will happen again to me, for a couple of reasons:[p]Temp control for comes mostly from the daisy wheel, and I tend to leave the bottom vent open 1/2" or so and barely crack the wheel to keep temp in the 200-250 range. I cracked the wheel just a tad at bedtime (while reading 210)because I figure temps tend to drop a bit over time, but it must have hit 250 and stayed steady until done. Big credit also goes to the cheapest Eggcessory known, the wire coat hanger. I am a big believer in the ability to root up through the bottom firebox holes until I see a glow coming through each.[p]There's nothing like cooking with confidence while you sleep! Thanks to all for your help.[p][p]I don't think I need to invest in a Guru quite yet, HOWEVER...[p]How can I get some Mickey T's temp control rings? [p]Justin
StrausJ@celltech.com[p]