Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Hey Gator!

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We should get it together sometime!
MoonBird.jpg

Comments

• Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

That's a great piece of art Cpt'n, would that be a Short Eared Owl? I used to see them hunting the south shore beaches up there in MA. in the winter. An occasional Snowy Owl would be seen also. The Short Eared Owls are amazing acrobatic fliers and could weave in and around, up and over the sand dunes like nothing else.

What is that drawn with? It is very nice.

Is this what you had in mind? :)
    TEMPOWL.jpg

I have been having problems with this and need to work on it more when I have time if you don't mind. I don't know why the background color is changed, I may have a better moon photo. I did this for the fun of it, I would never use your art work for any gain. When I see an editing challenge, I like to play with it to see if I can do it. I don't do this type of editing often and like to practice a little. My software is old and clunky and that is all part of the puzzle. If you have any idea's you would like to see email me. :)

Blair

• Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Nice job Blair,

It is a stone lithograph that I did years ago. The drawing was done on a prepared piece of Bavarian limestone with a Grease pencil and run off on a really old scraper bar press. I did an edition of 25 edition prints and a few artist's proofs. Of course I should have done more prints as it sold very well, people love owls.

I did take one of the proofs and put a moon in it later but was not that happy with it.

Not sure why the background color changed the actual artwork seems ok, probably the wrong format for your software, I'm not sure what all the internetting does to it the file.

Don