Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ALMOST Finished with table...need help!

Options
CaptDave
CaptDave Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
My table is almost finished, but the final finish has me a bit stuck! I don't know what finish I want for the legs and lower platform. I need input from BGE'ers.

The top has its finish, but the legs and rest of the table are PS Pine and White Pine. Not sure if I will get a pleasant result if I go clear or with stain. Also, had another thought... wood stain or natural on the platform and paint the legs BGE Green??? What do you guys think??? Thanks in advance.. David

photo.php?pid=31479072&l=32a1b0d86b&id=1024206558

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Without your pics it is a little difficult. Also, I don't know what you mean by PS Pine. I will just say that I prefer a clear, natural finish, many others go with a dark stain, nothing wrong with partial paint either.
    I will highly recommend that you use a marine grade urethane spar varnish for your finish. It will weather much better and clean up easier than just a sealer
    Try to get your pics up :)
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi and Welcome
    Try the Preview button below when posting photos, before you hit Submit, it helps make sure they will post correctly. Looking forward to seeing the complteted table
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Here's your pic...

199886_1692727551070_1024206558_31479072_7451550_n.jpg

If I ever get around to building a table, I'm thinking natural top with painted base.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut