Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mini Cooks, Spring Break, Wildflowers Coming Soon

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 7:56AM in EggHead Forum
The always reliable boneless, skinless chicken thigh marinated in Tequila Lime Marinade. And, my new favorite steak; thick cut Chuck Eye with Poblanos.

Spring break is this week and the Bluebonnets have started in South Texas. Won't be long till we're in full bloom.

Mike

030-2.jpg

chuckeye007.jpg

chuckeye013.jpg

chuckeye018.jpg

014-4.jpg

155-1.jpg

134.jpg

130.jpg

Comments

• Nice pics Mikie

Wildflowers should be close to their peak for our ride to Salado. Planning on taking 183 to check them out on our way up - of course Lulling and Lockhart are on the way so we will be making stop. Stopped at Black's last time through - will stop at either Kreuz or Smitty's this time.

Picking up some sausage at City Market in Lulling - might let you have a bite or two :)
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I'd like that. Sounds like you will get your share of BBQ Aroma Therapy on the way up. Look forward to see you folks.

Mike
  • PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 520
    Springtime in the Texas hill country is magic Mike and you have it captured beautifully. See you in Salado and let’s talk about the Chuck Eye.
    Zefrin
    Willis Tx.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,647
    That all looks great.

So are there a bunch of wild flowers and blue bonnets down there already? I remember hearing on the news last week that they said we weren't going to have many since we haven't gotten a lot of rain. Hope they are wrong.

Frank, that sounds like a great road trip. We'll be going down to the wife's ranch soon and we'll be stopping in Lockhart. We'll have to try the sausage in Lulling.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

I'm ready!
    Not much yet. I hope the show will be good, but we need rain badly. I'm sure some areas will be better than others.
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Beautiful cook and pics :) What I wouldn't do for some wildflowers right about now; we are officially in mud season, the roads are heaved, and amidst the occasional, but steadily warming days now, we will probably still have a few more snows... :(
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    Please fix me a plate of all the above :laugh:
    Pic's and food are outstanding....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    great food and flowers!
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Thanks for sharing! Everything looks GREAT! ;)
    in 2 weeks
    Thanks.
    Wish you folks could come to Texas!

Mike
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Amazing cook & pics. Felicidades Mike
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,568
    So pretty.....I love buttercups :)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Beautiful! When we lived in Texas, spring was my favorite. Thanks for the memories, Randy
    Look forward to seeing your family in a couple of weeks. Drive carefully.