Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Little Steven! You EGG'n Ribs!

Options
Primeggister1
Primeggister1 Posts: 379
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Steve,

Keep me posted on your results!

Marc

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Marc,

Just picked up the rub. Doing ribs today. I'll take pics. You said a light dusting right?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chef Charles
    Options
    Little Steven

Ribs :woohoo: :woohoo:

Are you using one of Marc's rubs? Capital City is carrying at least one of his rubs and the one I bought is good. I am more than happy to support a local entrepeneur :) .

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Little Steven
    Options
    Tom,

Yes, Marc just sent me some of his new rib rub. I have liked everything he has done so far. I bought four racks last week to try but I cooked three of them last weekend. Just put the one rack on.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Primeggister1
    Options
    No! :woohoo: You can apply it heavy, just not caked on, after you baste with maple, then light dust. I hope in got you in time, but I don't think so. It is a low salt rub, you can apply it.
  • Primeggister1
    Options
    Thanks Chef Charles! I got a second bottle now and I will be sending a case to Capital Appliance soon. They are currently being bottled now. Please send me your email and I will giving you a couple of recipes that uses the current rub "ALL PURPOSE" which is now displayed on the new bottle.

Marc
  • Primeggister1
    Options
    Steve,

Pull the rack and re rub if dusted light. Put back on and spray with a simple spray mop, then continue with the last step posted earlier, maple baste then light dusting to submerge into the maple and back on the egg to finish and get sticky.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Marc,

I re-read your e-mail so I put it on heavy.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chef Charles
    Options
    Marc,

Thanks ... you have mail

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Primeggister1
    Options
    :woohoo: GREAT!!!!!!!! I sense a spectacular rack is coming up soon! Hope you enjoy it as much as all of us around here.

Marc
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Don't have any maple syrop but I am going to shake some flakes on in a little while.

Steve 

Caledon, ON