Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chantal Speed (Pressure) Cookers..

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have one? I've got the 8.5 qt variety from years back and can't locate the top relief valve (parts no longer available). I'm hoping to get a visual on it in case I come across it somewhere. Thank you!!~~

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    dunno nuthin bout that... but alton brown mentioned instead of using a relief valve you can just cool the thing down by running cold water over it. it'll relieve the pressure and the autolock should release.

just a thought
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thank you, but I believe it's an integral part of the cooker that will activate to relieve pressure in the event that the main valve in the handle assembly fails. Kind of a safety outlet..
  • stike
    Options
    yes, that's exactly what it is. i thought you were asking where it was so you could release the pressure and then open it after cooking.

he was saying you can relieve the pressure with the cold water without releasing it from the valve.

good luck.
  • stike
    Options
    when you said you couldn't "locate it", i thought you meant you couldn't find it on the cooker itself.

as in "can't tell where it is"
    hahaha
    sorry

reread your post and realized you meant it a diff'rent way
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 86
    Options
    http://www.espitech.com/Vitavit_L.html

You might try the link above to find the part.

Otherwise, try writing the company and see if they will provide you a new pressure cooker if the do not make the part anymore. They might give you a free one, or give you a good deal on another type of pot. All they can do is say no to you.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I got lost....Can you give us a pic of what you need here?
    Are you looking to replace the fusible plug (the last failsafe) in the lid???
    I'm thinking that those are all pretty much standard. I have ever only seen one size and I'm sure they all melt at the same temp. And, also a bit of brain-storming; if you can't find a correct size you may be able to re-size / tap the lid for what you can get