Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just couldn't stop tonight

RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
edited 1:08PM in EggHead Forum
Just a simple leg cook with some peppers, spuds and shrooms enjoying a little chicken fat shower. ;)

bd5b4c4e.jpg

The smell of it all, the nearly 40 degree temps outside and a perfect fire goin, I couldn't put it out. The only thing I could come up with was an apple, but it'll have to do.
bc1184ab.jpg

added a fat dollop of butter, some cinnamon, smoked cayenne, brown sugar and cinnamon schnapps. ;)
f163b4ce.jpg

Gettin happy

b03747fd.jpg

Here's the latest kitchen tool. The Ninja! this thing destroys ice :woohoo:

4e9289f3.jpg

c33453f6.jpg

Delish! :)

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Good Eats!!! ;) :) and DRINKS! :laugh: I'm kinda fond of apple flavored drinks. :evil:
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Hoss,

That stuff is sooo damn good. Sure hope it's a staple for the 'Annual' ;)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    :) B) Glad ya liked it.BTW,my Uncle called last week.He is getting remarried in May.They wanna have the wedding at the camp. :blink: :S :huh: I got a feeling that'll be a P.I.T.A.!
  • RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    looks good!
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Oh my goodness! The chicken looks very tasty - but the dessert is over the top! Very impressive - I want one too!!!! ;)
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Adam I would trade the 40 degrees for 85 that it was today for a bite and a shake!
    Very tasty concoction my friend.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Good looking leg quarter cook Adam. :P
  • Adam...
    Nice, real nice! That chicken looks delicious :) .
    And, I thinking you may have come up with an "apple pie alamode"...sort of ;) .
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Really intivative way to use the apples but at 40 degrees I would have to have something more than the Egg to keep me warm!! :laugh:
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,293
    Food looks good.
    You said "The Ninja! this thing destroys ice". I bought a KA for the reason to chop ice and would rate it a c+ with a plastic bag and hammer getting an A. How is it for chopping ice for dranks?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Mickey,

It will turn a full pitcher of ice into powder in seconds. The slow start motor reminds me of my table saw. :woohoo:
    Dean,

My folks are in Rogers AR in the NW corner and you should have heard them piss-n-moan about the weather this year. :laugh:

Well, it's been a good year for the plow guys :P
    You KNOW I'd a put some apple pie in it if'n I had some. :ermm:
    Thanks Tim. My goal was to do The Chicken, but time was against me.
    The veggies were super good, Dale. Especially the shrooms.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,569
    That all looks really good. Can you tell us what type of blender it is and where you got it?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Thanks! Anyone with an egg can do chicken like that. It was seasoned with 50/50 Dizzy Dust and Tsunami Spin. Also in the pit was a couple pieces of Pecan wood left from the chili cook Sunday. It's one of those, just walk away cooks. :P

The Ninja makes real quick work of a little shake too.
    Thanks a lot. ;)
    Griffin,

It's called the Ninja. My wife found it on Clearence someplace in town. The box was munched but the machine was fine. We couldn't be happier with it and I'm thrilled I didn't ever pull the trigger on the $300-400 units that compete with the Ninja.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=Ninja+blender&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=17168395461882513122&sa=X&ei=a9Z4Tc7UCsLnrAGkh8TVBQ&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice legs Adam!! :laugh:
    Desert is over da top man!! B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    I still don't see why Scott and Brian were so bothered by the kilt. :P I think they were comparing legs. :whistle:

It could have used some shine.
  • jurisdocjurisdoc Posts: 77
    Blender looks wicked. Is Ninja the brand name? Where did you get it? I use a VitaMix, do you know how they compare?
    Here's another place to get one. ;)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17609181

I wanted a vitamix for a long time, just couldn't justify the price. The vitamix might be equal to this thing, but no way is it better. Easiest cleanup on earth. Rinse with water, put 2 drops of Dawn in it and fill 1/3 with hot water and pulse it 4-5 times. Or toss it in the dishwasher. :laugh:

Have you ever had Italian water ice? Now I can make it in under a minute :P
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Looks really tasty!... WOW what a mixer. I have to look into that one.
  • Nice, Adam. Apples look so good. The ninja looks like a monster.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Nice vittles and libations Adam! :)

Look like you achieved some perfectly crunchy skin.
  • GWGW Posts: 98
    You sent me the pics of the chix but you failed to fill me in on the dessert. When you going to make that up for me?

Looks good dude ;)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    How's that Ninja work with the drywall mud? :P
    I'll try some sheetrock scraps and water. ;)
    I didn't tell you what happened before dinner either. :whistle: