Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Surprise on Super Sunday!

Options
KevinH
KevinH Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I bought my large BGE nine months ago, most of my cooking has been low and slow. I read all the warnings at the beginning, and never had a single problem ... until today. You probably know where this story is leading.[p]I was in a bit of a hurry to finish grilling shrimp kabobs and pineapple slices for lunch. Dinner will be 3/1/1 spareribs, and I wanted them to finish by game time. So I quickly dumped in enough lump to fill the fire ring and got the temp up to 450. Then I threw the pineapple slices on. I figured I would flip the pineapple slices when I put the shrimp skewers on, then flip the shrimp and pull everything off at once.[p]When I opened the dome to flip the pineapple and add the shrimp, I heard a whoosh. Didn't think too much about it. I went back inside to rinse the raw seafood off my serving platter. My eyelids seemed to be sticking a little bit, and I smelled something unpleasant. Fearing the worst, I went into the bathroom to look in the mirror. I had quite a bit of burnt crispy hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Doesn't look like any permanent damage. I got a picture, but the memory stick reader is at my wife's office, so the pic will have to wait.[p]Now the ribs are on the egg and the program is back on track. After nine months of being careful and never having a problem, I got careless in my haste. The idea of a flashback never crossed my mind. I need to re-read Naked Whiz's web site to refresh my memory about all those great egging tips.[p]Be careful out there, and I hope everybody enjoys the game.[p]-KevinH
I am in Atlanta, but I'm not "Kevin in Atlanta"

Comments

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    KevinH,[p]Confucious says:[p]"He who has never experienced a flashback isn't trying very hard..."[p]Or something like that.[p]BOB
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    KevinH,
    Welcome to the Hairless sect of the Cult of the Big Green Egg.
    After a while hair just doesnt grow back and one sure way to identify a TRUE Egger is to look to see if he has hair on one side of his body and not the other up to and including from the hairline, sideburns (if you still gott'um) arm and chest and, quite possibly a leg.
    People only stare at you funny for a while and the stink eventually goes away.
    NOTE: When in doubt, "burp" your Egg by just cracking the top an inch or so two or threee times.