Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

buffalo turds

Options
Bambi
Bambi Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hi, new egger here. i heard a lot about buffalo turds. does anyone have a good recipe for them?

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    bambi,
    Try this, it's hidden in the recipe archive.

[ul][li]ABT[/ul]
  • Mike in MN
    Options
    bambi,
    There are a couple of spots to go for good pictures and full explanations...follow the link, or[p]Copy and paste:
    http://www.wessb.com/Cooks/abt/abt.htm[p]http://www.bamaque.com/webstat/abts.htm[p]Mike in MN[p]

[ul][li]ABT's[/ul]
  • Bambi
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    hi, was just wondering someone told me about using the lil smoked sausages, any idea about that? thanks much!!!

• Mike in MN
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    When I do mine, I mix chopped garlic, seasonings, shallot, (and "whatever") to my cream cheese mixture... I can't see putting in plain cream cheese when it is just BEGGING to be "kicked up a notch."[p]They are very popular with everyone. They are not too hot, unless you want them to be hot. Removing the seeds and the membrane, and cooking them normally tames them down enough some most everyone can eat them.[p]I have let them cool and sliced them into about 1/2" circles. Bite sized treats... but they look like the bacon wrapped water chestnuts.... Imagine the look on some peoples faces when they bite into one of these babies![p]They are addictive, so be careful![p]Mike in MN

• Bambi
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    thanks, some good info....

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    bambi,
    Any of the aforementioned recipes/techniques will work quite well. ABT's are one of those creations that are fun to experiment with. You almost can never go wrong. In fact, I've been using Lite Cream Cheese and Turkey Bacon lately with great success and I'm still losing weight. Today, is special and I will be doing the real thing. I use the larger jalapenos, preferably fresh, firm ones. Halve from end to end and scrape out the innards, fill with cream cheese and Little Smokey Sausage (just like in the pictures). Only I freeze the Little Sausages beforehand because I found that it helps to keep the cream cheese from bubbling out. The only thing that really needs cooking is the bacon. I cook them direct at about 350° for 30 to 40 minutes turning as needed. I keep the bottom vent almost completely closed to keep the flames down.[p]Here's a great trick that will make your ABT's go further and much easier to eat. Slice the cooked ABT's into bite-size pieces and toothpick them. Be sure to let them cool down a bit first. Your guests will love you because folks who normally would NEVER try a Jalapeno (thinking they are too hot) may try the bite-size one. Also, you won't see a lot of cream cheese all over your carpet as guests try to bite off chunks.[p]You might also try spinkling a few of them with your favorite rubs and spices. Kicks them up a notch or two for the really adventureous party animals.[p]Hope your team wins. Have fun.[p]Spring "Lighting the Egg Now" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA