Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin

Options
bburd
bburd Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a nice pork loin roast this morning and wondered if anyone has a favorite way of egging a loin roast? Thanks.

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Bburd,[p]This one is hard to beat:[p]Mr. Toad's Pork Loin[p]I use that as a starter concept and change it around to my tastes. I like to use dry cherries and apricots for the fruit and use raspberry chipotle sauce (sometimes homemade) for the spread. Don't skimp on the cashews! :)
  • CajunSmoker
    Options
    Bburd,[p]I am doing the same thing and just asked about apple wood chips...see posts below.[p]I have looked at all of the recipes, and I think I am just going to default to the leftover Elder Ward rub from a previous shoulder smoke. Might cut some slits and put some garlic in there. When I have more time, I am going to try the Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin recipe in the archives...sounds awesome.
  • CajunSmoker
    Options
    Pakak,[p]Just printed this off and put it in my recipe book....this sounds absolutely amazing!! Thanks.

• smokeydrew
    Options
    Pakak,
    I don't remember who suggested it here on the forum, but I've used craisins soaked in port, blue cheese, spinach, and walnuts as a filling and it was awesome.[p]-smokeydrew