Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Top Round Roast

Options
E-ville Egg
E-ville Egg Posts: 100
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Every week I look forward to Thursdays. I get up around 5:30 and head to the Y to play some pick up basketball for about an hour then head home to have coffee and breakfast with my wife before she heads out for the day. The rest of my day consists of playing with the dogs in the back yard, hitting up Costco, and maybe a little more exercise before I fire up my large BGE. I am a Meat Cutter for Schnucks (STL grocery store) and this week we have top round roasts on sale. I cut myself a nice 4.5 lb roast from the hard side and seasoned it with sea salt pepper and a seasoning from a local steak house in the area.
DSC_0161.jpg
DSC_0162.jpg
I seared the outside at 650 for about 4 minutes a side and brought it down to about 375 for the rest of the cook. While the beef cooked I got some QT in with the hounds.DSC_0116.jpg
Pulled the roast at 120 degrees internal. Sliced it up for sandwiches for the rest of the week. DSC_0164.jpg

Comments