Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is best for ribs

Options
Jake
Jake Posts: 92
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Which way is best for ribs? lay them flat on the grid, or in a rib rack. I was planning on laying six slabs of baby backs on the grid this sunday. The grid will be placed on my platesitter, 225 degrees for 4-6 hours.
Jake

Comments

• Jake,
    i think you'll find that a rib rack will give you more room. I cooked some baby backs recently with dome temp at 250. I turned the ribs every hour or so and cooked them for 4 1/2 hrs. I used an inverted plate setter with drip pan. After I took them off, I wrapped them in saran wrap and then foil, let them set for another hour. They will be "fall off the bone" tender, I promise..

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    766adc5c.jpg
    <p />Jake,
    Rolling ribs gives you a little flexibility for grate placement and positioning. I have a small hot spot on the rear (by the hinge), so about every hour or so I rotate 'em. 6 or 7 rolled racks will fit on my LGE.
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery