Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Mini Takes A Boat Ride....

Options
2»

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    You sure as hell will never hear that from this heat lover. Nothing like Arizona in the summer. :woohoo:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    Just waiting for the ladies in their little outfits. :silly:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Now that I could get used to Faith!! Terrific meal and pictures!
    Sorry about you troubles.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Wess, it's a blast!

The Sea Tow guy told me the tow would have cost $675, if I didn't have the membership with them. (It's like AAA, but for boats!)
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Speed bumps aside....what a wonderful day! I can't imagine the relaxation you surely felt at the end of the day. Thanks for posting these pics - I really enjoyed looking at them. ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Holy cow! $675.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I was qouted once from tow boat US $500 for less than a 1/4 mile tow....coulda damn near thrown a rock as far as we needed to go.....watcha gonna do...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You win.... what a day.... what a meal....what pictures... WOW....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    LOL . . . "Egg Godess" I like your Modesty! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Pay the man I guess. That would be a good gig to get into if there was enough work. :unsure:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Faith
    You give the rich and the famous Egg Envy!
    What a great day!!!
    Sorry you can't come to Salado - you will be missed.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Great post Faith
    Aside from the boat trouble, it looked like an amazing day on the water :)

Shane
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Tim, Sea Tow is the only game in town here, if you are stranded on the water. I pay $149 a year and get 1 free tow per incident. In 4 years, this is the first time I have had to call them to come and tow me. It took along time for them to get to us, we just dropped the anchor and waited.

I need to buy a 2nd oar. Just one oar does not do the trick!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    DOW, that is a cute term, Egg Envy!!

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    OMG! I have an unhealthy level of jealousy right now. I'm always amazed by how much I can get that little Egg to do for me.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hi staci. Long time, no see. That mini is a cooking machine!

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Glad to see you perservered... :):lol:
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    I was going to say get some oars but, didn't know how tall your boat is in the water...One oar will probably spin you around in circles. :laugh: Anyway the annual fee is worth it for the piece of mind I would think.

I spoke to my dad today. He called me and said I was in for some bad weather. I said I knew I was out driving in it. He said it was in the 80's there. Also, I need to watch the news tonight because Lynchburg,Tn. may have been hit by a tornado today. :unsure:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Oh NO, not the Jack Daniel's distillery - that would be disasterous!!

I hope you dad is better. He is right, it's been in the 80's for the last week. A/C is on, probably from now til the end of summer, which is November!

• 2Fategghead
    Options
    I'll watch the news and find out for sure and let you know. Tim
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Faith, wind shear in excess of 128mph and possibly a tornado did go through that area. As far as I know Lynchburg came out OK. The storm was a line of sever storms that swept our whole state.

Dad is doing Ok. He has been diagnosed with vertigo. If he bends over he will fall over hard. He also said he can't pick anything up. He still has black and blue eyes and said that my not go away. I don't understand but, he now uses a cane and says he is OK. So, what do you do cept let him live. Thanks for asking. :)

I hope and trust your folks are doing OK. :huh: