Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stocking up on Brats

rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
edited 9:51AM in EggHead Forum
With the cold spell settling here in Socal(38) I decided to stock the freezer with homemade brats.I had some nice shoulders from Resturant depot and a whole chuck that I ground-let the stuffing commence!
005-53.jpg
Nice to have a helper
008-44.jpg
012-31.jpg
Ended up with 13 lbs and they were a big hit.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE

Comments

• rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    SORRY forgot a pic
    013-27.jpg

Dale
  • SmokinbSmokinb Posts: 103
    Impressive. You make that look so easy.
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Those look quite good. What kind of stffer is that? And I know how you fell about the cold, it was 34 here in San Jose this morning. :laugh:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • I'd bet they were really good Dale

Ross
  •  
    The Brat's look fantastic! I love 'em. Good help is hard to find and yours looks like he is very competent indeed. He's doing a great job forming those links. I'd hang on to him if I were you. :)

Blair

They turned out really good Ross and fun to make.

DALE
    They are pretty easy once everything is set up.

DALE
    Dave it is from Bass Pro Shops,not sure exactly on the brand.It was fun to do and I made some Italian this morning.

DALE
    Thanks Blair,he knows if he helps he eats !!
    Simple Math with teenagers !! He does a good job making links and packaging.

DALE
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Dale what great help you had. Happy to see he's wearing my favourite swimming trunks brand
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Looking good Dale. I would love to gear up for sausage making. I bet they were so good and juicy. :P
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    AW MAN! Those look GREAT! I do love dem Brats! :)
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Dale,

Those look awesome! Handsome son you've got there.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Dale what recipe did you follow? Looks like I need to get busy on some also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Dayum!! That looks really good!
    What did you use for seasoning?
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    That looks like a great day together with benefits beyond the egg...you will get to remember the "brat grousing".
    Beli if it wasn't 55 here today,he would be at the beach.

DALE
    Hoss I come from a family from Wisconsin if I made any sausage it would have to be a Brat!!

DALE
    Thanks Teresa he can be a big help--Sometimes

DALE
    Molly this is a Hi-Mountain recipe and the flavor is pretty close to the wisconsin brats I get from my cousin.

DALE
  • Dale -
    Those are awesome-looking!!!! I gotta get one of them sausage stuffer-things. I guess my next equipment item, though, is gonna be a meat grinder so I can grind my own burger meat!!