Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza stone set up

Options
2»

Comments

• pescadorzih
    Options
    I use firebricks.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Layed flat or up on their side? You mean like the ones I have in my wood stove? About 4.5x1.25?
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    I also use firebricks. Yes the 4.5x1.25". I normally use three on their side to get it up high enough.  The proper height will depend on the dough recipe, cooking temp, dough thickness, and amount of toppings. Many find the sweet spot to have the stone 2-3" above the felt line - but remember you will need to dial it in for yourself. We all make our pizzas a little different so take all the advice as a starting point and make adjustments for your personal style.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.