Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Feeling Crabby Tonight!

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well last night I made crab cakes and didn't eat any because I was too full from the oysters! So today I was hungry for crab and went to Costco to buy more crabmeat and this was the crab fest that resulted.

Not super lump to me, but what do I know? (Yesterdays was lumpier!)

P2214133.jpg

The egg with the sun setting behind:

P2214134.jpg

First, crabmeat and spinach stuffed mushrooms.

Sauteed some butter, red onion, fresh garlic, fresh spinach, added in some mozzarella, some parmesan, S & P after taking of the heat, and the CRAB. Stuffed into some good sized mushroom caps.

P2214137.jpg

30 minutes at 350 with the platesetter.....

P2214138.jpg

Next I made two crabcakes. I can't stand the crabcakes you get here in FL restaurants, they are mostly breading. So I make mine with no bread crumbs, just a little egg white and flour to bind it together. I used Old Bay, cayenne, chopped red onion, and capers. That is it.

No pics of it cooking, but a pic of it plated this time.

Onto the main course, with CRAB.

Mojito Fish, in this case, tilapia. Hey, I like this fish, it is a mild, flaky fish ....don't you judge until you have tried it! (plus it's $2 a lb. at Rest. Depot if you get it on sale!!)

I dipped the fish in some flour seasoned with S & P and some DP TSunami Spin.
Then onto a hot CI Pan in the egg, with some EVOO in pan.

For the sauce, I sauteed some red onion, and fresh garlic with some more butter. Add in fresh mango chunks.. fresh mint, lime juice, oh and the most important ingredient.....

Coconut rum! For all you safety peeps, the bottle only had about 1 1/2 oz. rum left in it..... I have no idea where the rest of it went!!

P2214141.jpg

Add in the crabmeat at the end to warm....

P2214144.jpg

Plated with the crabcake....

P2214146.jpg

OK, I might be crabbed out for awhile now!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments