Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bluesmokewitchyredbigchiefuberhonkinburger!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
after yesterday's threads, talking about rubs and bringing up ken stone's (aka bluesmoke) witchy red rub and how it works for a burger... well. ..last night i just had to have one. . .so while other were eatin other stuff around the house for dinner (it was one of those free for all nights). ..i took a whole pound of 80/20 burger, mixed in about a tablespoon of ken's big chief bbq sauce, made a nice big patty. ..coated it well with ken's witchy red rub, then grilled that bad boy direct on my small egg for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees. . ..served it nekid on the plate (hey, it just doesn't need anything else) with some hash brown taters. .. .[p]god, i'd forgotten how good that tastes!!!!![p]thanks ken, and for the thread that made me do it last night!!!!

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thank You for the kind words.[p]Ken

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    you know, the one problem with egging is that there are so darn many things to cook on it, that sometimes a certain item gets 'out of cycle', and you realize its been months since you had... this was the case with the burger. . .i'll bet its been 3 months since i did a burger on my egg (crazy as that sounds). . .so it was just that much more special. . .[p]darn that thing was good!!

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]That's funny, because I was just thinking that since June, I think we've only made burgers once. [p]How wrong is THAT? [p]Since we're supposed to get the "ice storm of the century" or some other poor excuse for winter in a southern town, I may have to setup for some saturday or sunday burgers this week. [p]Tonight, it's my new 5.74 / lb choice ribeyes from Sam's. I'm all giddy with anticipation...
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    is each ribeye that heavy?? or is it a roast that you are going to split in half? . .. what's your plan of attack??

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]sorry. I must have mis-typed. I got this whole ribeye at sam's last week for $5.74 per pound. It's a 14 pounder before being trimmed and I got 11 steaks out of it. They are gorgeous. I will be T-Rexing 3 of them tonight. [p]They will be rubbed with garlic infused olive oil, then seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper and a little cow lick.[p]Can. Not. Wait.[p]I haven't had a ribeye in two weeks, and it seems like two years.