Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mobile egg setup?

Options
Adam Boca
Adam Boca Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a mobile egg setup? I have a 4x4 trailer that I am thinking about mounting a couple nests to...the trailer has a waterproof box on it so I can put charcoal and smoking wood, cooking supplies, etc in...will the eggs be ok on a trailer when it is bouncing around? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Can't help you on the trailer part but I put my large in a new 4" wheel nest/handler and so much easier to move around now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• WingRider
    Options
    Bouncing can be rough on the innards.
    I traded my toyhauler camper that I used to put the egg in the garage, for a non-toyhauler camper. I put one of those receiver hitch trays on the back of the trailer and set the egg in a wooden transporter on the tray. The result was broken innards, all of them. This was probably due to the fact that the CI grill was still in the egg. My advice is to cushion the innards and/or leave the ci grill out of the egg during transport.
    Food for thought :whistle: .