Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did my Large and Small have seggx?

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
:unsure: This is what I found this morning:

ThreeEggs.jpg

Oh, I'm lying. Minis aren't brought by the stork. I got a TERRIFIC deal on a new Mini with fixed handle, spring-assisted lid, stand, and DMFT from a dealer in another city, because the new price increase next week is huge. To my knowledge no dealer in San Diego has any, so how could I pass it up?

Put it to work last night with a cut of flank steak marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, and then spread with one of Richard FL's rubs (sorry, can't remember which one, but thank you Richard).

DSC01508.jpg

I made this cute little chimney...it gives smoke a whole different personality.

DSC01511.jpg

An unremarkable plate of food, but I like simple most of the time.

DSC01512.jpg

BTW, the flank steak was vacuum sealed and frozen and I hot tubbed it to defrost. Works like a charm!

Judy in San Diego :silly:

PS: I FORGOT TO ADD...NO STATE TAX (8.75% in California!)
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Rib Bones
    Options
    awwww....she's so cute!
  • BigBadger
    Options
    It's adorable... have you picked out a name yet?
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm not Spring Chicken. Very unimaginative. How about Minny?
    Judy in San Diego
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Judy, You'll love that mini! Nice looking meal!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Congrats, Judy - you will love the mini! I use it far more than my large - especially in the winter (it's in my fireplace - not that that's an issue for you). It's amazing how much you can fit on the little bugger.

But please tell me you aren't going to NAME it!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Congrats on the mini. A great cook as well. ;):)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Of course not. See above.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    atta girl. but I DID name mine! large and mini! if I ever get another, I'll probably call it... small. hahahaha

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Maybe they did not have seggx, but their offspring sure produced a great looking meal. Now on to snow white prawns.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Wow what a nice deal, but you are wrong I let a friend borrow my Medium and after some time alone (after dark) with his Large this is what happened. Mother and her daughter, Little Piglet was borne. :) :woohoo:
    IMG_3340.jpg
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    What a sweet family photo! Arms protectively encircling Piglet. :kiss:

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Thanks, I even got my friend to pay child support I get 1 bag of lump a month for the next 16 years, Piglet is 2 years old now. :laugh:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• MemphisQue
    Options
    Funny. I'd like to have a mini pop up in my backyard one day too. I like the chimney
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, I forgot to ask... why the chimney? neighbors complaining about the smoke? :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Congrats. It had to happen eventually. I hope you enjoy it.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Were you expecting twins? After today I don't think my large will ever be able to procreate again :( :laugh:
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Judy I have an older mini and it works great for small cooks and we eat mexican food quite a bit and it is out tortilla warmer.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Nothing unremarkable about your plate, I like mine simple:

IMG_0358.jpg
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Pat:

Perhaps in vitro? At a potting studio where they have a lot of clay?
    Judy in San Diego
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Twinsies! A man after my own heart!
    Judy in San Diego
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Why NOT the chimney? Why do women--and men--wear jewelry?

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    I don't.

Seriously, what's the point of the chimney?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Judy you will love it. We use the mini now more than both the small and large. Just so easy and fast...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Since you're SERIOUS (which you don't spend a lot of time being), I put together the chimney to see if it would help my Small heat up...you know how I whine about not getting it hot enough.

Since I know NOTHING about the laws of the universe, it was just a shot in the dark because sometimes I get lucky using that approach.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Mickey:

I remember when you first joined the forum and wanted to know about pizza! It's a day for sentimentality...my oldest daughter's birthday today and I was remembering her first day of life and all that dark hair on her head. She looked three months old. Ahhhhhh.

Now I'm asking your advice: Did you make a raised grid for the Mini, or get a mini woo from Tom? If you make your own raised grid, would a 10" grid fit under the lid a couple of inches higher? I wouldn't have a clue about where to get a smaller grid.

Hanging on your reply,

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Well, let us know if it works. Thanks.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    you will love it. we use the mini more than any of the others. Simply because we are cooking for two most of the time and it is perfect.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Congratulations.

I'd like to get a mini someday.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    My Large BGE delivered a MBGE aseggxtually :ohmy: :blush: :pinch: