Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Traeger Guy

jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
edited 12:18AM in EggHead Forum
I might have gotten into a little square off with the Traeger guy when we were at Costco tonight. He was trying to get us to look at it, I said I have a BGE so I know how to smoke food. He then said that if I had a Traeger I'd put the BGE on craigslist which I replied my buddy has a Traeger and now wants a BGE instead.

Then I told the people looking at them for the same price they could get a real smoker... and I bought beef back ribs.
·

Comments

• you rock!!!
    ·
  • Why not just step off 20 paces and fire
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That's tell em! ;)
    ·
  • jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
    It might have been a touch on the immature side, but still, don't insult someone else's product. That's sales 101.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Treager is actually a decent cooker for what it was designed to do just not as versatile as the egg. I'll have something on it Sunday along with 5 eggs going
    Here is one on the back of Grillmandan's grill trailer

100_3756.jpg
    ·
  • Wow, what a setup!! Gotta say, some of you Americans can really rock at BBQ. I've never seen anything like that here in Canada.
    ·
  • The pellet poopers are nice I'd add one to my arsenal if I had the money and room.
    ·
  • Traeger makes a decent product and I have found they are just as passionate as BGE owners. The stumps folks are just as dedicated too (1 or 2 may be over the top, but hey just look around). Each has advantages and disadvantages, depending on what you want. I think the egg is all around, the best all purpose cooker and why I use it.
    ·
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    I was at my local BBQ supply store and a Traeger rep was there. He was trying to tell me how great it was. I told him I had eggs and he laughed. I then replied and said that if you really believe that your product is that much better than my eggs then let me use one for free for a year and if I like it better than my eggs I will buy it He kind of laughed it off.

I wouldn't mind having one but since I have a couple of eggs I don't see me getting one anytime soon.
    ·