Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Butts are done early....

Options
David
David Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
..... My 2 Pork butts have finished quite a bit ahead of schedule. They are at 191 degrees at 10:45 AM and I was planning on serving around 6:00 PM tonight (initially I was targeting for them to finish around 3:00 PM).[p]My question is can how long can i safely wrap them in foil and put in a cooler (stuffed w/ towels) ?[p]Should I take them off at 195? 200?[p]Am I looking at a pull, refridgerate and reheat?[p]Thanks for your help.[p]D

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    David,[p]The 195-200 is a guideline.... If they're falling apart, they're done.
    If so, I'd go ahead and take them off the cooker, let them rest covered for a bit, pull, fridge and reheat later..... then your work will be done and you'll have time for more important things like snitching pork while no one is looking, cracking a beer and watching the game.
    Hope this helps.[p]John