Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wisconsin fest?

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there an egg fest in Milwaukee, WI area? I've got a very interested friend and it's too far for her to drive here to see my egg in action.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Time to start organizing. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I believe the closest one is in Oswego (?), Ill in Sept.
    Peoria, Ill has one in May or June I think . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    I haven't ever seen anything about Milwaukee. Email reelgem, she might know if there are any non-fest events in the area. Peoria's fest is in early June. Oswego is closer, but isn't until late September.

Lake Zurich is even closer, but is kind of a semi-fest, semi-demo. They've got a few pros cooking, but I've heard that if an egghead asks to cook, arrangements can be made. I think theirs may be in October.

A dealer down on the south side of Chicago (Homewoood, or thereabouts) had a demo around Mothers' Day last year. I don't know if it will become an annual event.
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    I am going to talk to the Homewood dealer about doing a fest. I have put it in his ear. We will see.

I cooked Lake Zurich last year and it was fun. Eggwego was way better, but it was still a blast.

Eggfest in my garage any time you want!