Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hoss, remember...

FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,679
edited 11:17AM in EggHead Forum
that finger I hurt trying to pull start my 4 wheeler? :pinch: :( Well it aint got no better and I finally went to the doc today. I'm having surgery tuesday. :angry: It seems I broke part of the last bone in my ring finger. The tendon is holding on to the broken part, which is what is keeping the tendon from retracting into my hand.

He is gonna try to reattach the broken bone and tendon. :pinch:

Here's a pic of my x-ray

IMG_4246.jpg

That was a bad week for me. :huh: Looking forward to being able to use my finger again though.

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    That hurts me just looking at the x-ray. Ouch
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Dang Jojo! that explanes all the wimpering. :laugh:

j/k pal, that really sucks. need an electric starter on that baby.

what about that other finger, it healed up alright?
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Eek! I hope that heals quicker than I think JoJo.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Ohhwww, that looks just awful :( Hope your surgery goes well!
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Dang JoJo :(

Hope all goes well!
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,679
    Gene, it was quite painful. I was trying not to cry :( :laugh:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    JoJo sorry to hear about it but being close to Hoss means great food but tough games :laugh: Here wishing you all the best in your operation
    Yea, it healed fine. It's amazing the things you have to figure out how to do w/o your dominant hand. :whistle: :laugh:
    Me too Molly, thanks.
    Thanks Julia
    Thanks Dan
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I hope they can fix it. Best wishes
    Thanks Beli, that was one of two injuries to that hand in two days. While cleaning one of Adam's knives, I guess I was favoring the sore ring finger and ended up cutting my index finger all the way to the bone. :pinch:

Like I said, rough trip.
    Doc was pretty hopeful although no guarantees. One thing for sure, if I do nothing, I will loose use of that finger.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :laugh: After 34 years using the same hand now never again. Been there done that. :laugh:
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    AWE MANN! :( I knew it hurt ya by the facial expressions and expletives you uttered.That sucks.I hope everything goes well and you mend SOON!
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Damn JoJo, That does not look good! Hope it heals as it should!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    JoJo, did happen at the Loney fest? B)

Ouch. :pinch:

Hope all goes well with your surgery and that you heal quickly.
  • BeakerBeaker Posts: 293
    Dang!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a good one of these....!!!

Drimages.jpg
    Explatives!? Me? Nah! :whistle: But you're right it hurt like a B__ch :pinch:
    Thanks I appriciate that.
    It did Rebecca. That trip is still costing me money. :laugh:

thanks
    Me too. I don't know him but he was recommended by another doctor friend/aquaintance.
  • MargieMargie Posts: 52
    JoJo sorry to hear about you finger :( I hope you have a fellow egger close that can make you feel better w/something tasty. Hope all goes well
    Thanks Margie, as stated before I figured out how to do a lot with my left hand so egging/eating shouldn't be too tough a hill to climb ;)
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    JoJo,

That looks like it hurts! Fingers an toes hurt forever in winter.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• egretegret Posts: 4,107
    Dang, Jody! You didn't say how it happened, but, I hope it wasn't egg related. Anyway, best wishes for a successful procedure and quick recovery!
  • GWGW Posts: 98
    JoJo, now I feel bad for thinking you were a weenie :) Man,that plain sucks (excuse the midwestern slang). Hope you get that thing fix up & ya'll can get back in the saddle soon! Somebody's got to fight them dang nabit fires :P :)
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    So sorry about your injury...praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. :)
  • I have thought I have broken mine before trying to do the same thing. Tough and a cold morning to crank start a 4 wheeler. Does this end your duck season?