Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Our wok cook from this weekend

dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited 6:19PM in EggHead Forum
All the wok cook posts recently and the General Tso's Chicken thread recently made me hungry so General Tso's it was.

Breaded the Chicken fried it inside. Used the sauce recipe AZRP posted. Turned out VERY good. Not Wa Fu but it'll do.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Did you taste any of that snow with the sauce on it? -RP
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Of course not it was yellow! :whistle:
    My helper was leery of the flames and "launched" the sauce into the wok with the obvious results.
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,005
    Morning Dennis:

The chicken looks great, but what is all that white stuff on the ground? :ermm: :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• Mud PigMud Pig Posts: 464
    Wow, how many eggs do you have?
    Three, two larges and a small.
  • Jay, did you see the pictures from my place? More snow here than any year on record except 1971 on two more inched in the next week and we'll pass that too. Still nothing like they get in the mid-west though. Those pictures from South Dakota were something else.

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Dennis, Your plate looks tasty. :P
    Did you give your helper something to eat? :)

I love my two large. B)
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,005
    Morning Doug:

I saw them...scared me speechless...can't stand that :evil: white stuff!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Looks good Dennis...Are you coming to eggtoberfest this year?

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Dennis, the wokked chicken in that sauce looks fabulous. :) I can see you made a perfect sauce. The consistency is spot on!

(Rats, I'm not at the Valley until next week, otherwise, I'd beg you to bring me some for dinner!)
    Probably not. The last couple years we've competed at the Ohio Smoked Meat and BBQ festival....or something approximating that name :woohoo:
    I snoozed on the post...and it is all gone. But this will be a repeat for sure. I made adobo a few weeks back too. You ever try that one?