Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone fab\'d a mini-holder for the back of a boat?

WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
edited 7:37PM in EggHead Forum
We are awaiting delivery of a new trophy fishing boat; my husband is dreaming of down-riggers :whistle: and I am dreaming of how I can cook on it! :woohoo: I am imagining some kind of over-the-side rig which will hold my mini safely away from the boat but still allow me to access it efficiently. Any ideas and/or pics?

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,914
    not sure how big of a boat you mean or how rough the water will be but a simple dual gimbal design would make it stay level. Ought to be easy enough to fabricate one.
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Julia,

Down-Riggers. ;)

071.jpg
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Adam,, that was a typo...has a nice ring to it though.. :laugh: Nice pic, thanks!
  • GWGW Posts: 98
    I prefer to see that back of that boat when it's sunny :) Sorry, no egg pictured in this one :P

DSC05939.jpg
    GW, very nice pic'o kids and fish! Thanks!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Ron,

They actually sell gimbals for round propane bbqs. Mini would likely drip right in. Actually I think I have one.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Steven I think I know what you are talking about - got a pic?
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,914
    makes sense to me and would be easy enough to rig up some kind of support arm with a clamp, if need be. Only other issue might be if the insurance underwriter frowns on a fire in a small boat!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Julia,

I had a BBQ from my dad's boat. I don't know what happened to it but I don't think I threw it out. I'll check to see if it is at work tomorrow. If it isn't the right size it's close.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Steven, thanks! :)
  • Now that's what I'm talkin about!
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY