Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just hit the Big Green Egg trifecta!

Options
2»

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Congrats, Barbara Jo, on the new toys.

If someone was ordering me to get 3 eggs, I'd obey too!
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Dimples Mom: Not trying to hijack the thread, but posted to you in the OT forum several days back. Which cookbook(s) did you decide on, and are you pleased? Thanks! :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    nope. he's ugly. i was in a room with him, steven, and zippy, and it was the epicenter of ugly.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    BJ, If you plan on placing your egg in a nest consider setting the base on a paving stone and three bge feet. In doing this outside air will circulate under the base and reduce the heat that transfers through the base of the egg to the wooden shelf holding the egg up. There have been some documented cases when the egg got so hot it charred the shelf where sits...and worse. :unsure:

If you want to start a new post go ahead and ask who all uses a paving stone and bge feet under their large egg in a table. Tim :)
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I already have a ton of patio stones left over from another project, and planned to use them with the ceramic feet to create heat buffers for my tables.

Seeing how the high temperature is not going to hit the freezing mark this weekend, I'm not sure how far I'll get on building the tables, though...
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I've seen Steven, I've seen Zippy, and I've seen Fidel. I've never seen you. So...maybe all it means is you need to see your optometrist!

Unless of course, you were just joshin'!

Now apologize to those nice people!

Judy
    Judy in San Diego