Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dimples Mom....cookbook?

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Dimples Mom: What did you decide on for a cookbook, and are you pleased with the choice? Just curious, as you did get some great suggestions. :)

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I gave her Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen. I also had my husband get me one. :)

I told her if she makes something good from it, to let me know so I can make it too.

I did get great recommendations from this list as well as another. I was able to get most of the books from my library to check them out ahead. I think my second choice would have been the Ad Hoc book. I really want that one myself! (Okay, I want ALL of them.) Then I thought about which book I would have wanted when I was her age and I decided Real Kitchen was the best book for her now. Hopefully my son will end up marrying her and I'll have a lifetime of occasions to give her all the rest of the books I liked.

One thing I did not like about most of the books that I ended up looking at was the size and weight. It seems the trend is for HUGE books that weigh a ton and are unwieldy. They are difficult to read in bed and downright impossible to read in the bathroom. :P