Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE's New Sweet Maple Seasoning

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have any of you tried the new rub that BGE has out? If not, GET SOME! I had my first taste of it on some wings that Drbbq made at the recent Mini Eggfest in Lakeland and they were yummy. I was lucky enough to win a big container of it as a doorprize, and we did a spatch chicken with it on Sunday which turned out FANTASTIC. It's got a wonderful flavor...[p]I have an awesome pic of the chickie, but unfortunately my camera software is acting up and I haven't been able to get it off the camera and onto my computer so I can then put it on the server so I can post a pic...sorry. I'll keep trying though, because it made the prettiest caramel colored skin on that chicken and would have had you drooling on your keyboard![p]Regardless, if you get a chance to get some, DO IT![p]Tonia
:~)

Comments

• Eggsellent
    Options
    QBabe,
    We got some at the ATL Fest and we love it also! It was incredible on pork butt - but the chicken sounds wonderful. We are almost out and I'm wondering where I can get more. Anyone seen it on the shelves anywhere?[p]Molly

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    QBabe,[p]What's it called anyway? Is it the BGE butt rub, or is the one that smells like pancakes, or is it something else?
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    QBabe,
    Since you were there, maybe you can answer this question... The stuffed pork loin that Drbbq did was nice and dark on the outside. Was that from smoke, or was it rub? If it was smoke influenced, do you know what kind it was? It was a beaut in pics. Thanks,
    Seth

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]I have your answer....!![p]Actually the rubs are being made for BGE by John Henry. He's a local bbq guy here in Houston, and makes a boat load of rubs and sauces. I recently saw him at a demo at the local BBQ Galore and he told me he was doing a private label program with BGE. [p]Here's a link to his site and the product under his own label.[p]http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/Description.asp?prod_id=156[p]Chubby (Just slightly.... covert)
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • QBabe
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]My container says "Sweet Maple Seasoning"...[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]I'm sure you can get it from the Atlanta store. Or, you may see if your dealer can get some for you also.[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Crab leg,[p]I think he used this rub on it, with a bunch of smoke too, but I didn't actually watch him prep it, so am not 100% sure. Hopefully, he'll chime in and let us know. It was really pretty, and the craisin/walnut stuffing was delicious.[p]Tonia

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Crab leg, I think it was a combo of the rub and mix of cherry and hickory.[p]Btw, I'm headed to the Quarterdeck in Marathon next month. Thanks for the heads up.

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Rumrunner,
    Thanks. BTW, the egg was not "in use" while I was there, but they said they fire it up 3 or 4 times a week to cook ribs. I was there in August, which was of season, so not much going on. DO NOT SPEED WHEN YOU PULL INTO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!! I can not stress this enough. They give Barny Fife 2 bullets in that neighborhood, and he feels very powerful.
    Seth

• Ironbaugh
    Options
    QBabe,
    The Dizzy Pig's Raging River rub is maple flavored and outstanding.

• QBabe,
    OT; Do you know of any other Eggfests going on in
    Central Florida?
    Thanks.
    JohnR

• QBabe
    Options
    JohnR,[p]I sure do! We've got one coming up on March 18th and 19th at Silver River State Park in Ocala. The website is up now and we're taking registrations. Preparation is in full swing and we're really starting to get excited about it! [p]Check out the link to the 2005 Florida Eggfest at the top of this page (just under the Club Egg graphic) or follow the one below. We're hoping for our biggest and best one yet!
    [ul][li]The Florida Eggfest - March 18-19, 2004[/ul]
  • Deadskins
    Options
    I got some for Christmas and everyone loves it.
    My sweet Daughter was flying in from Atlanta and asked what I wanted for Christmas. My usual answer, Peace and Quiet, was unacceptable. So, she went to BGE store and they made a great gift basket for her. They even threw in a coople of koosies (beer can holders.)

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Crab leg,[p]Thanks for the nice words, it was a beauty. [p]It was the combination of a homemade rub and the smoke from the burning maple plank. The hickory and cherry were in the other egg. [p]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Peanut
    Peanut Posts: 75
    Options
    Chubby,
    Whichlocation in Houston do you think I should visit? Also, aren't you in League City or am I confusing you with someone else on this forum? We are in Clear Lake.
    Ninfa