Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Kiev on the Egg?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WessB's latest post and photos made me wonder if anyone has ever tried Chicken Kiev on the Egg. I've never tried any kind of stuffed chicken breast on mine, and I bet it would be pretty good. Probably a breast pounded thin, filled with garlic, herbs and butter and coated with egg wash and bread crumbs. [p]Anyone have a good recipe for this?

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]No, I haven't but you mention something I tried for the first time last night. I decided to pund my chicken breasts, not because they've been tough but just to make them an even thickness. Wow! I really liked they much better this way. Adding the things you mention would be good too. I used olive oil and Wicked Grin.
  • Pakak,[p]I think Alton Brown had a show about pounding meat flat and cooking it on earlier this week. He did a Chicken Kiev and the recipe is probably on their site. It looked really good and could serve as the starting point for a BBQ version.[p]
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    I tried the chicken cordon bleu from Wess' site (I think). I had tried it before w/o the egg wash and bread crumbs and it was too dry. The egg wash & bread crumbs made all the difference when I tried it again. Great flavor from the proscuitto, too. Thanks, Wess.[p]Good luck on the Kiev search and with your cook. Let us know what you try--Thanks.