Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Shrimp Scampi, Scallops and Escargot

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, a pretty sunset. I wish I could get to cooking before it gets dark, but that's just too early.

P2202317.jpg

Set the table up to eat outside, if it's not too chilly.

P1083858.jpg

The egg on the balcony, chugging up to 400 dome:

P1083862.jpg

I made shrimp scampi in my 2 CI curved skillets (Christmas gift). First time making it this way.

In a skillet on the stove, I sauteed some chopped onions in olive oil 3 minutes. Next added fresh garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cooked a little and added the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 cup seafood stock (mine was homemade). Reduced 5 minutes. Then I took it off the stove and poured it over the salt and peppered shrimp waiting in the CI, then cooked the shrimp on the egg.

Cooked them til just slightly pink, then flipped them over

P1083863.jpg

P1083865.jpg

My son wanted his shrimp served on pasta, with some fresh parsley and cheese on top

P1083866.jpg

The rest was just eaten right out of the skillet, along with some garlic bread to dip up the delicious juices~

P1083869.jpg

Next some scallops. I sauteed some garlic and finely chopped onions in butter, and poured this over the scallops, lightly dusted some bread crumbs on top.

P1083871.jpg

Then it was time for some escargot~ I know some people are grossed out by them, but these were GOOD

P1083874.jpg

P1083876.jpg

Next I was going to egg 3 lobster tails, but after all this, we were full. So those will wait for another day (figures, cause I ran all over town to 4 stores to find the lobster tails!)

My new wall hanging above the mini egg

P1083860.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments