Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Tenderloins

TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC_1183.jpg

Got them both cut and food savored and in the freezer. We had two small ends that we chose to cook as roasts. We will do one tomorrow and all the steaks and the other roast are in the freezer.

We just happened to catch them on sale.
·

Comments

• The best way to buy tenderloin, cut them to the size you want. They look great
    ·
  • skihornskihorn Posts: 600
    Looks great Ray. Where did you purchase? I may need to take advantage also if they are still on sale.

Freddie
    League City, TX
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,063
    Ray,

How much were they? One of our chains has them for 6.99 a pound this week but they usually sale out lower than that.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    I thought you used kilo's?
    ·
    Dale,

The grocery stores and butchers still put their prices up in pounds but the labels are most often in KG. Multiply 12.99 a pound by 2.2 and it becomes a little intimidating. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Freddie, we bought them at Randalls early this week. Last time I looked, there were none in the case but the meat manager said they always have them. Just not always on sale.
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Steve we got them at our Randalls, (Safeway) and they were $6.99 a lb. CAB beef though. The manager said they always have the tenderloins, but not always on sale and I don't recall ever seeing them in the display case.
    ·
    Ray,

Thanks.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    I sometimes wish we were metric. It's easier to break down or increase a recipe in grams.
    ·