Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help me find a brisket

beesbees Posts: 335
edited 5:28PM in EggHead Forum
I am having trouble finding a packers brisket. I have been to Costco, Fresh Market,and Publix and all they have is a trimmed down flat cut with almost no fat less than 4-5 lbs. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Where are you? Someone in your general area can probably help. Do you have a local area butcher shop? Have you asked the guy at the meat counter at Publix?

Wal-Mart generally carries them, but almost without exception around NE Atlanta they are select grade.
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    I'm in Montgomery Alabama.I have not checked out Walmart. I will.
    Thanks Fidel!
    Randy
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Go to a Walmart that services a large spanish community.. the butcher at our walmart says these stores are "programmed" to carry them
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • Do you know anyone with a Sam's or Restaurant Depot card? They usually have choice whole briskets.
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Thanks to everyone. This is a mighty fine group of folks.
    ·