Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Help me find a brisket

beesbees Posts: 335
edited 4:43AM in EggHead Forum
I am having trouble finding a packers brisket. I have been to Costco, Fresh Market,and Publix and all they have is a trimmed down flat cut with almost no fat less than 4-5 lbs. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Where are you? Someone in your general area can probably help. Do you have a local area butcher shop? Have you asked the guy at the meat counter at Publix?

Wal-Mart generally carries them, but almost without exception around NE Atlanta they are select grade.
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    I'm in Montgomery Alabama.I have not checked out Walmart. I will.
    Thanks Fidel!
    Randy
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Go to a Walmart that services a large spanish community.. the butcher at our walmart says these stores are "programmed" to carry them
    Kent Madison MS
  • Do you know anyone with a Sam's or Restaurant Depot card? They usually have choice whole briskets.
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Thanks to everyone. This is a mighty fine group of folks.