Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help me find a brisket

beesbees Posts: 335
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am having trouble finding a packers brisket. I have been to Costco, Fresh Market,and Publix and all they have is a trimmed down flat cut with almost no fat less than 4-5 lbs. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Where are you? Someone in your general area can probably help. Do you have a local area butcher shop? Have you asked the guy at the meat counter at Publix?

Wal-Mart generally carries them, but almost without exception around NE Atlanta they are select grade.
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    I'm in Montgomery Alabama.I have not checked out Walmart. I will.
    Thanks Fidel!
    Randy
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Go to a Walmart that services a large spanish community.. the butcher at our walmart says these stores are "programmed" to carry them
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • Do you know anyone with a Sam's or Restaurant Depot card? They usually have choice whole briskets.
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Thanks to everyone. This is a mighty fine group of folks.
    ·