Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs no Rack - Done

Options
Hatchling
Hatchling Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
?action=view&current=DSCN6429.jpg
<p />Thank you for the idea BbqEd. I used 3 bamboo skerwers and they stood up great.[p]1- Worked out great, other than they were a little over done.[p]Rubbed in mustard.
Rubbed in "Carolines Texas Rub" ( www.carolinesrub.com )
3 hours, 250 - 300. I'm still having a hard time getting the temp right.[p]2- Can anyone tell me what the 3 ceramic "hockey puck" like pieces are for?[p]3- Shameless plug, if you like meat as much as I do, sign up for "Caroline's Rub of the Month" club. It's too cool to get a different rub by mail every month.[p]

Comments

• Hatchling
    Options
    DSCN6429.jpg
    <p />Got the pic link wrong....
  • James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    Hatchling,[p]Wow, that is freaking brilliant! McGuyver would be proud.[p]The 3 Ceramic "Hockey Pucks" are the feet on which the egg is supposed to sit.[p]Where did you get the idea for the bamboo skewers?[p]

• Hatchling
    Options
    James,[p]Got the idea from Bbqed. He said to sqewer the ends together and have them stand like a crown roast !!![p]I just took it one step further.[p]Cheers,
  • Yazoo
    Yazoo Posts: 145
    Options
    Hatchling,[p]Looks tasty! A lot of folks have good results cooking ribs over indirect heat. It helps keep the temps from getting too hot on the cooking grid. You can use an inverted platesetter or some other raised grid setup. Check out TNW's Ceramic Charcoal Cooker FAQ page. Also, check the other folk's sites for pics of their indirect setups.
  • Dixie_Flyer
    Options
    Hatchling,[p]I sometimes set the "hockey pucks" on top of a plate setter, and then put my drip pan on top of the pucks
  • Hatchling,[p]I haven't tried the Texas Rub from Caroline's, but I have had their Amazing Pork and Poultry Blend. It was really good, and has become a part of our cabinet at home.[p]What is the Texas Rub like?
  • Hatchling
    Options
    Smoke Meister,[p]It's great. More mesquitish(?) with kind of a southern twist....[p]I've been trying all the rubs on different types of meats. I can't say enough about the quality of the product.[p]The rub-of-the-month is pretty cool. Your get your mail and your are reminded of the BGE ![p]