Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice Little Turkey Breast

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a couple of nice non brined turkey breasts in the bargain bin the other day. Early this morning I uncovered the breast to let it dry - it was nice and leathery looking by the time it was ready to cook. Perfectly crispy skin on the dried side. Not so crispy on the bits that didn't get so dry.

5283715749_cfd1057929.jpg
DSCN2316 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Earlier today I used the ProQ smoke generator with some apple wood crumbs to cold smoke some dark chocolate for an experiment. I put together a batch of Ice Wine Chocolate shots using the smoked chocolate, some dark chocolate, a bit of milk chocolate, water, ice wine and heavy cream. Quite tasty.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    First off, that bird breast looks feantastic!
    The chocolate experement sounds great Kerry!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    The experiment is in aid of the upcoming Niagara Ice Wine Festival. I will be attending with my BGE dealer Nick from Lakeshore Living (those who attended NiEggara Fest will know him). I plan to do chocolates and chocolate shots, as well as bacon bark that I'll make with bacon that I'm making with some ice wine in the cure and smoking on the BGE. That reminds me - time to go flip my belly that's curing downstairs.