Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Success (with photos)

Options
Eggsellent
Eggsellent Posts: 160
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well the pizza turned out GREAT!!! Thanks for all the help. Thought I'd share a few pics (that's what we do around here). [p]I left the room for 3 minutes and Todd decided he could "throw back" to the college days when he worked at a local pizza shop. Needless to say - the "dough throwing" technique doesn't stay with you as much as you'd think...
640Dsc00272.jpg[p]Cheese Pizza (we thought it best to start with the basics and work our way up to more toppings)
640Dsc00274.jpg[p]Pepperoni Pizza
640Dsc00278.jpg

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]Those pizza screens sure do come in handy don't they![p]The Pies look good![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Eggsellent,
    those pizzas look great. .. .[p]as for todd, he looks like the pillsbury dough boy went on steroids. . ..did he giggle when you poked him in the stomach?? LOL

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Or Peewee Herman in that Cheech and Chong movie, HOOOYAAA!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Eggsellent,

Describe your set up please. I see a screen, was it on top of a stone and a placesetter underneather that. Sauce?[p]CWM

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I actually nearly spit beer when I read that one max. One wierd thing is a buddy of mine growing up's dad invented said doughboy. Has a gold one on the mantle.[p]great pies though. Can't wait to re-try the almonds tomorrow with 3 kinds of abt's, crab, scallops, mussels and steaks. My goal is all three eggs at one time tomorrow plus marshmallows over the chiminea.[p]All hail the egg.[p]By the way, I know this is a bit personal, but I've never asked. How many eggs you got anyway?[p]
  • Eggsellent
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I've been making ABT's for tomorrow (long prep time - big pay off).[p]Since this was our first cook - we went basic. We followed tips from Naked Whiz and T-Rex. Check our their sites for good info.[p]We used a platesetter, a pizza stone and a screen (per T-Rex's advise).
    http://houseoffaulkner.com/pizza.html
    Cooked around 600 dome and tried to keep the majority of the heat in the top so the toppings would cook. And per lots of previous posts - we did preheat the pizza stone.[p]I hate to say it - but I bought spaghetti sauce for this cook (garlic and olive oil flavor). I liked it, but Todd thought it needed a little more flavor. We don't like a lot of sauce on our pizza to begin with, so we took it real easy with the stuff. Maybe some oregano or other spices will be in the future. Thanks to everyone else working out all the bugs - we'll have this mastered in no time. [p]Oh yeah - we bought our dough at Publix (in the bakery). Not sure if you have one around you - but it was really good (and a pretty reasonable price. I think around $1.65 for one large 15-inch pizza).

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]Just asked to verify the facts. I actually cooked the first one at 525 and the second closer to 500, but due to the hot pizza stone, the second was done faster (I think). [p]Other than that, she ain't lyin'.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Thanks,[p]I'm going to go with my bread maker for dough. Probably Prego sauce doctored up.[p]It has been 6 years since I cooked a pizza on an egg and it was on a bet.[p]Enjoy,[p]CWM
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]While it wasn't perfect, I liked the cheese pizza fine and I know I could do better. Can't wait to try it again.[p]I like trex's idea of doing bobboli crusts. I may try that next, although the publix stuff was really good and fresh...
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]Great pics. Those pizza screens really do the trick. Looks like maybe y'all got yours from Pappa Johns too???[p]Happy New Year,[p]TRex
  • Eggsellent
    Options
    TRex,
    YES - those screen really do the trick (thanks for putting that in your tips). Our friend owns a pizza joint, so he got one for us (little does he know how much it will cost him since we'll be making our own pizza from now on).[p]Happy New Year - and if I haven't said so before THANK YOU very much for all your help this year. We've learned so much from everyone on this forum. We look forward to helping others for years to come.