Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long is a cooked Ham on the bone good for?

Options
TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long is a cooked Ham on the bone good for?

I cooked a Ham last Saturday and I am having some people over for the bears game and was wondering if it is still good. It is still on the bone if that matters.

Thoughts?
Thanks

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Ham is cured meat. I'd eat it.

Think about it this way, go to your local supermarket and look at the hams (they're all pre-cooked). Look at the "Sell by" date on them. That should give you some affirmation.
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    Never thought about it that way! Thanks dude. If they all die I owe you some cash because they are all a pain in the ass anyway. :evil:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    of course it is....

the reason they cure it in the first place is to keep it edible for essentially years. maybe an exaggeration. but properly kept, it won't go bad. it may lose quality, but if wrapped, it won't dry out. certainly not in two or three days
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    if it smells good eat it, if it smells bad do what you want with it. Ham will last a long friggen time.. :)