Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Injector Help

beesbees Posts: 335
edited 6:30AM in EggHead Forum
What is the best injector to buy can anyone help direct me to the source?

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    What do you plan on injecting?
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Brisket,Ham, maybe a tri-tip??? Don't know if I should even try the above...
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,654
    bees I bought a $5. one and a $55.00 one. They both worked (NOT WORKED) the same. Hate them.......
    I needed it for the ham so started doing the sprial hams using my hand in the syrup and it works fine.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Get one with the holes in the side of the needle.
  • You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a decent injector. I've gone through at least 2 cheap ones.. I've been on the fence about buying a more expensive one. based on your experience maybe i'll stick with the cheapies....
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,654
    Jimmy the cheap ones don't work just as well as the expensive ones :angry:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Maybe you guys are rougher on injectors than I am. :whistle: I have used (and sometimes reused) the cheapy ones that come packaged with the various Cajun injector marinades. Plastic syringes and short, stubby needles. OK for small pieces of meat and even butts.
    I have purchased a high dollar metal one with different needles (can't remember the brand), but haven't used it yet. Plan to use it for comps.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    I don't own one of these Spitjacks, but have always been fascinated with them.

• I have the spitjack and I love it. Very heavy duty and comes with different size needles.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I recommend the Cajun Injector Signature Series.I have had this one 3 years and use it often for small cooks.It should last a lifetime if cared for properly.
    I get tired of reloading that thing when I have to do Large cooks(multiple large pieces of meat).That's when I bring out the Big Gun. ;)
    For what you describer that you wanted to inject the CISS should serve you well. ;)

I have this one and only use it when I do Egret's Maple Bourbon Ham (which has been twice in 2 weeks!).

I stopped injecting briskets and butts awhile back but it is nice to have around.

I like it but my fingers are too fat to use it properly, but it does the job.

good luck
  • ****..... good name for an
  • i have a large and small from "Cabela;s".... all stainless construction... reasonable price.... check them out.... they alot of other food processing equipment too... thanks! rr