Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Opinions About Kamado Vision

Options
dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,082
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My local Ace hardware has had a Kamado Vision on their display floor for well over a year. It's a bit bigger than a large BGE, the Vision having 290 sq/in of cooking area. Price has been $699. until recently, I now see it reduced to $499. and am thinking they'd take less than that.

I've been pondering a medium for those rare occasions when having only a large is just not enough. Wondering now if this Vision might be a viable contender for my overflow cooker.

My problem is I don't know a thing about Kamado Vision products. Their web site (http://www.visiongrills.com) is lacking in details and Google searches have not turned up much. So I'm turning to the forum folks. Anyone familiar with these products? If so, please provide your opinion of them.

Kind regards,
dbCooper
LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    question is which was/is better designed........your plane heist or this cooker! Since you are still on the lamb (eggforum food reference), the money (plane heist reference but in this instance gaming reference)is on you.........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I do not know anything about them, but I looked at some pictures and they look fine.

At the end of the day, ceramic grills are ceramic grills and what sets them apart is their guarantee, history of customer service, and after market products. The forum is a plus, but you can see what people are doing regardless what you are cooking on.

The issue of after market products is the size of the grill, but if are happy cooking in the regular position or perhaps just making a raised grate, you should be able to cook just fine.

Here is another BBQ site that I like a lot and is not related to any brand, so someone with real experience may be able to help.

http://addictedtobbq.proboards.com/index.cgi?
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    I think you answered your own questions....