Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most of the new family in a photo

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are my freshly assembled and fired mini and small. I did the small in about 1/10th the time it took me to do the large, which was good. [p]smalllDsc06412.jpg[p](please ignore the hole in my drawers and the socks and flip flops. It was cold).[p]The small with the bottom vent wide and the daisy open only held firm at 300. Does that sound about right to you small owners?

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Only 2 comments....[p]First... If it's cold get some longer britches :~)[p]Second.... If you are going to be firing those eggs on a wooden deck, put a fire proof mat under them so you don't burn your home down. Our eggs are bad about spitting hot embers out the lower vent at times.[p]Just cause I care :~)[p]Bob

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Bob,[p]We are actually getting a couple after christmas. We were waiting to decide on a configuration first.[p]And I do have some long pants, I just weren't wearin' em.[p](the word britches has always made me laugh...)
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Mark Backer, Back in the sand hills of NC where I was born and bred, we called them long sleeve britches. ;>/