Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egg spectacular

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My fiends think I'm crazy for wanting to buy this barbecue. Is it really that good? I mean really? My wife says if I buy it we're through. But I think I love the barbecue more than her.
Todd

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,
    Welcome to the Funny Farm. We are all crazy here. We have been expecting you and your room is ready.[p]To answer your questions: Yes. Yes.[p]Believe it or not, your wife will not leave you, but start bragging that she does not have to cook every night. [p]I have never met a more versatile piece of cooking equipment. You can replace all of these pieces of cooking equipment with one BGE. (Waive hands over tabled filled with junk). Sorry about the Infomercial joke. Seriously, wait until you are baking on the BGE. They will think that you have totally lost it.[p]Buy the egg and all else will fall into place.[p]Welcome,
    RhumAndJerk

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,
    Your friends want think you are crazy after they taste the food off the BGE. Yes, there is an initial expense but the warranty makes up for that. As for your wife, tell her this is the last grill you will ever own. Teach her to use the BGE as well. I don't know if a grill is as important as my wife....your choice.
    Welcome to the Forum and good Qing

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,[p]I think I can confidently say for most if not all people on this forum, that it (the Egg) is that good (actually fantastic)! I was a gas grill guy for a long time (four years) and I will and would NEVER go back. I smoke/grill/sear at least 2 or 3 days-a-week. The Egg is easy, fun and cooks great![p]Smokey

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,[p]I think I can confidently say for most if not all people on this forum, that it (the Egg) is that good (actually fantastic)! I was a gas grill guy for a long time (four years) and I will and would NEVER go back. I smoke/grill/sear at least 2 or 3 days-a-week. The Egg is easy, fun and cooks great![p]Smokey

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,[p] I don't think anyone would want to be the reason for your
    divorce. Just remember whatever you buy. Buy in two's,
    this way after you split 50/50, you still have one Egg.
    Maybe the most enjoyable thing about having the Egg, is
    also having someone else to enjoy it with you.
    Well enought of that crap--- Buy a large.[p] Earl

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Todd Hochstin, tell her she saw a good thing when she caught you, and to trust your judgement. I bet if she had a sample, she would leave ya if ya didn't buy it. Best purchase any young couple can make. Lifetime fun! Wish I had it when I was twenty..wow....All the food I thought was great on tin cans was nothing compared to the BGE.
    Cherrio...Good luck..C~W[p]

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,[p]Your not crazy, just a smart shopper. The BGE indeed does everything it is advertised to do (and more). It also does it as well (or better) than advertised. It's versatile four season cooker with a excellent warranty and a pleasant company to deal with. You also get this forum to help you learn the tricks. [p]I have both the large and small Eggs. My wife says we're through if I every got rid of them :).[p]Spin

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Todd Hochstin,
    I went out looking for a Weber and came home with Humpty and I almost ended up with an ex-wife. Now she's content to let me cook every meal on Humpty. She doesn't even rember being 'too upset'.My wife said that next time I go out to buy anything it had "better be ONE HONKIN' BIG DIAMOND!....and she'll let me keep Humpty and keep cooking...