Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Jerry de Burgo

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Around Iowa we have a local steak dish called Steak de Burgo which is basically filet mignon or tenderloin medalions in a garlic butter sauce. Found a nice priced package of filet at Costo and thought about making this. Super easy recipe.

four filet mignons ( you could use other steak if wanted)
1 stick unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic

I would use fresh roasted garlic if I had some to make this more garlicy. I used coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper on the steaks. Forgot to coat with olive oil.

deburgo_3.jpg

Use my Big Green Egg. Had some potatoes on there for an hour at 350 then 30 min before I was ready for steaks I added cast iron skillet so it would be nice and hot.

After the skillet heated for 30 min I added the steaks on a cast iron grid. They went 7 minutes then flipped 90 degrees for another 2 minutes. I then flipped them over to the other side. After seven minutes I added the stick of butter to cast iron and it popped A LOT. Then I rotated steaks again. After rotating butter was almost melted. I added in my spice blend and stirred. I now added steaks to cast iron to soak up the buttery goodness or about 2-3 min per side.

deburgo_9.jpg

Brought them in and let sit for a few minutes then plated and spooned sauce over the steaks.

deburgo_15.jpg

The steaks were between 130-135 when done. The photo below doesn't let the red come out more in the pieces. They absolutely melted in my mouth. A very quick recipe to make and extremely delicious.

deburgo_14.jpg

More pics on my blog http://www.busterdogbbq.com/blog/?p=1272.

Thanks for looking.

Comments