Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hog Heaven . . .

Gator Bait
Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Here's another addiction you fine people have passed on to me. First it was the egg, it's green dimpled surface calling me as sure as a sirens song. Then the steaks cooked on it, juicy, tender and rare to medium rare, as succulent as manna from heaven. Next the baby back ribs that I can't seem to live with out any more. The body is strong yet the mind is weak my friends. From the ribs I progressed with out hesitation or care to equally strong temptations and have taken out a membership at BJ's just so I am no longer with out my precious Pearl Hot Dogs, bless their little naturally cased souls. To make matters no easier I have progressed to buying BBQ sauce by the half gallon jug and keeping one or two as spares should I, heaven forbid, run out, and now . . . now it's the Blues Hog . . .
DSCN7230A_640.jpg

Molly was the key to my downfall when she blessed me with a bottle of this amazing elixir from her own private stock. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! Sorry, I couldn't resist. With one taste I was incurably hooked. With the first taste my world was shaken but not stirred. It tasted nothing like I had imagined. It was like nothing else that I had tried. It was strong, it was bold, it was . . . it was . . . WONDERFUL! Like all addicts I was not long in realizing that my cherished supply was indeed limited and that I would have to squander in order for it to last, and this my friends, this is what has dragged me to the heights of Nirvana, the delivery of my first on-line order of Blues Hog BBQ Sauce! I know not if it was the Gods themselves or the High Court of Loney that has blessed me but this delivery has indeed made my day! The monks and friars that attend the sacred BBQ Guru made quick work of my order and what was requested on Monday was at my door on Friday having been lovingly transported by Big Brown. Thank you Oh Wondrous Guru, you have made this addict a happy camper! :cheer:

Blair

Comments

• Brother Blair, it seems all your prayers have been answered! :)
  •  
    Sister Rebecca, I can only sit here and wonder in trepidation what will be next. :laugh:

Blair

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Blair you have to come out of your shell and express yourself!! Well said and it all hits home as a trend.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  •  
    I'll try not to suppress my thoughts in the future Dale and will try to remember that it's all family here and I need not be shy. :laugh:

Blair

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Gator Bait wrote:

Sister Rebecca, I can only sit here and wonder in trepidation what will be next. :laugh:

Blair

BLUTENNESSEERED-PINT-2T.jpg

BOB
  •  
    You may be right Bob, isn't it a little scary that it could be as simple as that! :laugh:

Blair

• Blair I mix a 1/4 worth of Tennissee red to the Blues Hog give it a try

Ross
  • OK, Blair, you have gone over the edge. The Food edge. I am right there with you.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    ;) :woohoo:
    You don't want to see my "spice cabinet" (it was a small pantry) full of rubs and sauces. There's too many of them. And that's not even counting the ones that I make myself!

BOB
    is there no end to this madness...
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Now THERE YA GO!!! ;)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Blair, I got my first bottle TKS to Richard Fla. not long ago, what a sauce....one of my favourites together with Carnivore
  • We are up in Wisconsin, but our son lives in Kansas City so whenever we visit we bring home a case of Blues Hog! We love that stuff!!! We load up on lump, too.
  •  
    Hi Ross, I have heard of others that like that combination. My next order I will include some Tennessee Red. Here in the Southeast there is a chain of BBQ joints called Sonny's that makes a basic sweet BBQ sauce that I have been mixing with the Blues Hog about 50/50. It is far and away the best sauce I have had on my baby backs. Thanks for the tip.

Blair

•  
    Hahahaha, I take a flying leap off every edge I come to Faith, it keeps life a little more interesting. I'm happy your in the same boat, I always figured you for good company my friend. :cheer:

Blair

•  
    Ya, see! See how people like to get you addicted to the same things they are around here? :laugh:

I haven't caught up with any of Tod's Carnivore yet but plan to. I agree, the Blues Hog is a great sauce!

Blair

•  
    Hi Dawn

WOW, now there is an addiction! Blues Hog, Egging and the EAA AirVenture Fly In. LOL, now not only am I addicted but jealous too! I can see where grilling supplies are a seasonal item in the stores up that way. Us Egg addicts will perceiver no matter what!

Keep warm Dawn,

Blair

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'll stand tall spreading the love of addiction!!!
    Have you tried La Bomba yet..... :evil: B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  •  
    Spoken like the true Loney Queen, Oh Tall Regal Spreader of The Love. :lol:

No, I have not tried La Bomba . . . yet. It will have to wait in line on my bucket list.

Blair

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Soon as I get more so will you...mmmmwhaaaaaa :evil: :laugh: B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  •  
    Thanks my friend, let me learn more about it and what it is made of, I might be able to save you the trouble. :laugh:

Blair

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Sounds like I'm missing out on some powerful stuff. I've read posts about it, looked for it in every grocery store around (and also when I'm out of town)...haven't found it yet. I'll remain "on the hunt" as you have convinced me it will be worth it when I find it! ;)
  •  
    Hi Elizabeth

I don't know if there are very many stores that carry the Blues Hog BBQ Sauce. That is why I and I guess many others have to order it on-line. There are several places on-line that have it. I chose the one I did because of their price and location. The closer to you they are the less you pay for shipping. One of the best prices I have found is at:

The Kansas City BBQ Store
    11946 South Strang Line Rd.
    Olathe, Kansas 66062
    913-782-5171

They are also close enough to you to keep the shipping cost down. Just for an example I went to their web site and selected 4 bottles of Blues Hog @ $6.49 and it was $25.96. Next I guessed at your zip code and it calculated shipping to be about $10.64 for FedEx Home Delivery (ground service, the cheapest). The total would be $36.60 (unless they have a handling fee, I paid $1 for handling) which is about four dollars less then what I paid. I have no connection to these people, they just happen to have the best prices I have come across. There may be better prices out there and I just have not seen them yet.

The Blues Hog is sweet, rich and spicy with out being hot. It is strong and a little goes a long way. I have never tasted another BBQ sauce like it.

Blair

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Thanks much - I will order some and get myself acquainted with this wonderful sauce! Truly appreciate the info... :kiss:
  •  
    My pleasure Elizabeth. :)

Blair

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    I have not read the other posts, but this will ALWAYS remind me of CWM... I have a jar that he gave me at last years Eggtoberfest... Not sure if I want to open that jar or not...
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Too funny... ;) :laugh:
  •  
    Hi Anna

I never had the pleasure of meeting Mike and I know he was a great guy and all but I doubt that he would want you to deprive yourself of a bottle of Blues Hog on his account. I would open it and enjoy it to it's fullest in memory of Mike. Make that sauce a happy memory instead of a memorial. Jusy my 2¢.

Blair

•  
    Morning Julia

LOL, I think I'm hooked on this stuff. ;)

Does Tucker wear a keg (http://www.saintbernardkeg.com/) when the snow flies? :lol:

Blair