Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Needed some steak after seafood all week

eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After eating tons of seafood in San Diego, I returned home and proceeded to fix some steak with asparagus and twice baked potatoes. I filled the lump reducer ring in the XLG and set the egg to 350 and baked some russets for twice baked potatoes.
IMG_5336.jpg
Once the taters were off, I opened up the vent and daisy and seared some 1 1/2 inch thick strips and ribeyes seasoned with S&P directly over the lump reducer ring.
IMG_5340.jpg

The steaks were transferred to the normal grid level for several more minutes while I grilled the asparagus.
IMG_5346.jpg
IMG_5359.jpg
It was homemade pumpkin pie with lowercasebill's caveman coffee for dessert.
IMG_5365.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Great smelling meal, I mean looking. Did you get to Anthony's in San Diego?
  • Rebecca,

I don't know about you but essentially seafood makes me hungry B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Great looking meal Rebecca, hope you enjoyed your trip. :)
  • Thanks Richard! :)

Yes, in fact, we went to Anthony's directly from the airport before checking into the hotel. So nice dining on the bay. We also enjoyed Top of the Market, almost next door.

BTW, can't wait to try you Holy Smokin' Chipotle seasoning. With those ingredients, it has to be good.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Nice cook Rebecca. I can't decide whether the plated steak or the pie picture is my favorite. They're both outstanding.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Perfect!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Amazing looking meal. Love that last picture. I'm glad you enjoyed San Diego and that the weather was nice for you! Way too hot here for a fire. Anthony's is one of our musts when visiting San Diego, if just for a cocktail, shrimp or otherwise.
  • Steven, I ate quite a bit and did fill up on the seafood.....but thank goodness I didn't gain any weight. The only place I wasn't stuffed to the gills after dining was Nobu. I was full, but not stuffed. I'm ususally not much of a dessert person, but the desserts at Roy's and Nobu demanded my attention!
  • Good Evening Capt'n Frank :) , indeed, it was a lovely trip and we were blessed with great weather and were even able to go out on the water.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Rebecca, everything looks SOOOO good!!!!!!!! Will you marry me? I have two eggs. You can use 'em! :laugh: :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hawg Fan, I see you have a good eye B) .....it's a toss up, lol.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Rebecca are you open for reservations?? It's just I forgot how to achieve the meat term on that fourth photo....& would like you to remind me :laugh: .....nowwwwwww that is prrrrrrrrrrrfect!! ;)
  • Thanks Miss Molly......I was thinking about you when we landed in Denver this week. :)
  • Teresa, thanks for the compliments! :) I must say, I always enjoy visiting your lovely state.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    :) You surely enjoyed this feast!!!
  • Michael, you are too funny! :lol: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not looking for a husband, but if you know any available cabana boys and scullery maids, give me a ring! :side:
  • Beli
    Rebecca we have a "pool boy" on the forum isn't that the same?? Your lucky day.. :laugh: Don't know of any scullery maids I'm affraid the ones here are pretty much emancipated
  • Beli, the eenie meenie cafe is open 24/7. Although the service is rather poor and the food may be pedestrian, the proprietress does allow the customers to egg their own meals. She can concoct a quite nice bellini and knows how to get rid of a cork! :laugh:
  • Elizabeth, it was quite nice to settle in at home with a nice, big, juicy steak! :)
  • Beli
    Oh well..... bellini you said??? that rhymes I'm on :laugh: You've been at the Harry's bar haven't you??
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Damn. Rejected again! I'll work on the cabana boy thing though. Maybe buy another egg. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Yeah, I think I know that 'pool boy' you've mentioned. Beli I don't think he'd move to Dayton to be my cabana boy. At least not when he has his wife working, cooking, cleaning, mowing the lawn, repairing the cars, painting the house, installing the plumbing, paving the patio, building a boat, retrieving his TV remote, taking the caps off his bottles, making runs to the drive through, and a few other things...... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Beli
    OMG I must meet her... :laugh: :laugh:
  • I love Harry's bar, at least until I get the bill. :pinch:
  • How do you get sick of seafood anyways?? Not sure it can really happen.

Your steaks look awesome and I know that's a happy homecoming to the egg for you. Nice pics, you should win an award for those.

Please, why do you have a fireplace burning, is it Christmas yet?
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Faith, I never said I was sick of seafood. That's why I pigged out. But it's just about all I ate for a week, so it was nice to sink my teeth into a nice big steak.

I know this is quite foreign to you Faith, but in some areas of the country it is actually in the 30's and might even snow tonight. My, my Faith, you are so ethnocentric. Stay cool.......even it takes an artifical air conditioner. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Doreen was telling me I had to look at your post when I got home this morning. That plate shot is excellant as well as the Caveman coffie one!LOL Glad you made it back and had such a good time. You have been quit the world food traveler this year haven't you! :woohoo: Not to worry. If bill doesn't hit it I will. Stoping by to pick up my LoTo ticket this afternoon! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Everthing looks terrific. :)
    Nice looking fireplace, got ours cleaned and ready for winter.
  • welcome home.. i understand the need for steak. when i was in seatle for my meeting i ate nothing but raw fish for 4 days.. mostly sashimi not even maki. no rice no veggies just raw fish..
    your cook and the pictures are beautiful ..
    i appears you splurged on aged beef for your welcome home meal???
    glad you enjoyed the cc
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That is a fantastic looking meal. :) Looks like one I will have to do soon. Thanks for sharing.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney