Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sold An Egg 4 The Dealer!!!

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everybody,I went into the dealer to buy some seasonings, and a couple was looking at the eggs and "you know", We do what we do right? Spent thirty min. talking to them and they bought a large on the spot. It felt real good helping and sharing. So the dealer gave me a free bottle of bbq. sauce for commission. He didn"t have to but i did appreciate it.

I just couldn"t see them standing there and not do something right?

P.S. A free bag of lump sho-woulda been better right??

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    See how easy it is to make someone happy for the rest of their lives.

Spring "Talk Egg To Me Mister" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    No joke, I saw your post and thought i would share also..
  • Reverend BSB
    Options
    Happens all the time where I work. I'll be telling someone about the Egg and a customer will past by and "butt" in, telling them how great the Egg is and how much they loves theirs.

One time around Xmas we were slammed, and all the salesmen were busy with customers. I saw some people waiting by the Eggs, and another customer began talking to them. He ended up talking to them for over a half hour, and basically doing the whole sales pitch to them. When I finally finished with my customers and went to them the job was basically done.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Isn't that how all eggs get sold? My dealer didn't do anything but take my money...ha. We've all sold a few more than likely...directly or indirectly...
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • grillmandan
    Options
    I take good care of my egg customers, as they are the best sales force I can think of. Many time over the 16 years I have been selling eggs, a customer closed the sale. EggHeads are great...and I try to take good care of them.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    LOL - if you read Ed Fisher's book you'll see that has precisely been the dynamic sales force that has made the BGE what a huge success story it has been. OTOH Ed Fisher worked his butt off starting this wild fire one yard at a time!

BTW you can buy Ed's book on Amazon in Kindle format for $2.39 TOTAL let alone download the Kindle app from them for free. It's a fast read, but gives you a good overview if your like success stories!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • valrune
    valrune Posts: 134
    Options
    Same here......This forum sold the Egg and my dealer just printed the recipe :ermm: