Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Come?

Options
HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Why do we now get the real profile when
clicking on the poster's url, when we used
to get their email popup address?
This IS tested with someone who has a valid
Email in their profile.........
HS...

Comments

• HolySmokes
    Options
    WMK,[p]to answer my own post (since it's 1am eastern...and
    I've done alot of poking around to test my assumptions),
    it appears that the initial link from the userid/
    profile name is bringing up the profile.[p]that's great... IMHO!!![p]'cause then you can see the profile of the poster,
    and click on their email address to bring up the email
    link if that's what you want.[p]Very Cool.[p]It seems somewhat unstable (not all of them do it)
    but it does happen historically (older posts). What's the rule?
    :) HS

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]Ok, let me take a crack at this ...[p]As far as I can tell, everything works the way it always did. [p]1.) IF a poster has registerd AND includes their email address in their profile, when they respond to a thread, a link to their email address will show up ON THE PAGE WHERE THE TEXT OF THE RESPONSE APPEARS.[p]2.) If a poster has NOT registered BUT provided their email address in their response, a link to their email address will show up on the page containing the list of threads AND in the response.[p]3.) Finally, if a poster has registered, a link to their profile will ONLY appear on the page where the list of threads appears.[p]Ya fallah? :)
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Pakak,
    Revise #2 from "If a poster has NOT registered BUT"[p]to "If a poster has NOT registered OR NOT included their email address in their profile BUT".

• HolySmokes
    Options
    Pakak,
    geez, that was good but it gave me a headache :)[p]looks like you're right. I thought that the
    link from the main page of threads also used to
    bring up the email link, not the profile.
    HS