Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burns Hargis Pumpkin

Options
Well, friends and family that have been watching my fruit carving thought I should be able to do a pumpkin so the pressure was on. Here's my version of Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State University:

67862adc.jpg

Still have a lot to learn about 3D effects but it was an okay first try.

Bruce

Comments

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Looks real good to me even though I don't know the face being from California and all. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Hey Bruce...thats really good, used to watch Burns on Sunday mornings when I lived in OKC years ago....see ya in Plano.
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Yep, that's where I first saw him Jerry. Hope to see you and the Mrs. next weekend...still working out the details.

Bruce

Oh, thanks Chief96!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Thats not really a pumpkin is it? Thats crazy! Makes me not wan't to carve my pumpkin today. Glad were not next door neighbors! Great job!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dayum, Bruce that is really good!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap